Embarcadero have released RAD Studio 10.2.2 (what would have been called Update 2 in the old days). They actually did this back in December, but I’ve held off posting as their was an issue with the initial release they needed to fix. Now that’s done (and we’re back from the New Year break) I thought I’d better post about it.
Where to get it?
Sarina has a post up with links to downloads for the ISO and Web Installers. Remember to retain your component settings when uninstalling 10.2, or use the Settings Migration Tool to export them and import them into 10.2.2.
What’s in it?
There’s a mixture of bug fixes and new features. The full list of publicly reported bugs that have been addressed is here.
The new features fall into a few major groups:
- Dark IDE Theme
- New VCL Date and Time Picker Controls
- New TCardPanel and TStackPanel in VCL
- RAD Server Single Site Deployment License included in Enterprise and Architect
- FireMonkey gets the QuickEdits support that VCL got awhile back
- Installer Enhancements
- C++ Compiler and Debugger Enhancements
- Welcome Page and Startup improvements
- I especially like that there is a new Desktop Layout defined for Startup, as well as the Documentation tab.
- FireDAC support for Ext JS
- Updated platform support for MacOS High Sierra, iOS 11 and more
You can watch the full webinar below.